We have worked with a number of Charities and Not For Profit (NPO’s) organisations helping with their digital marketing. Most charities & NPO’s are eligible for the Google Ad Grant program but many are unaware that this is available to them. We can help with this application process and manage the $10,000 a month ad spend to ensure that the performing campaigns are helping to attract donations and raising their online exposure.
Google Ad Grants is aimed specifically at charities and other organisations which don’t operate for profit. They provide ￡8,000 or $10,000, to go towards advertising on Google Ads, this is to support charities promoting their websites, messages and to add to its ranks of volunteers and supporters by targeting keywords via the Google search engine.
The monthly amount can be spent to target all kinds of Google searches. These can be more broad searches such as ‘give to charity’ or more specific ‘mental health charities’.
In the UK, criteria are as follows:
- You must have an active, fully functional website giving significant information about your charity
- You must be registered with valid charitable status
- Schools, colleges and other academic institutions don’t qualify
- You must agree to the terms and conditions of the Google Grant scheme
A few things to remember:
- Ads will be completely text based
- They’ll only appear below the ads of paying advertisers on search results pages
- Campaigns must be keyword targeted
- Max cost per click will be $2.00 USD
- Must maintain a click through rate of 5%
- Campaigns must have at least 2 ad groups containing minimum of 2 ads.
If you don’t have time to manage your Google Ads account but want to make sure you’re not missing out, at Front Page Advantage we can help you manage your campaigns. We can actively manage and optimise your campaigns regularly.
Talk to us about how we can help your business to make the most of Google Ad Grants, freeing up time for you to focus on your non- for- profit organisation.